A written prize notice shall contain all of the following information:
(1) The true name, address, and telephone number of the solicitor and sponsor;
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 37-32-3
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- written: include typewriting and typewritten, printing and printed, except in the case of signatures, and where the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
(2) The verifiable retail value of each prize the individual has been selected or may be eligible to receive;
(3) If the notice lists more than one prize that the individual has won or will receive, a statement of the odds the individual has of receiving each prize;
(4) Any requirement or invitation for the individual to view, hear, or attend a sales presentation in order to claim a prize, the approximate length of the sales presentation, and a description of the property or service that is the subject of the sales presentation;
(5) Any requirement that the individual pay shipping or handling fees or any other charges to obtain or use a prize;
(6) If receipt of the prize is subject to a restriction, a statement that a restriction applies, a description of the restriction, and a statement containing the location in the notice where the restriction is described;
(7) Any limitations on eligibility; and
(8) If the individual is invited or required to telephone the solicitor or sponsor to enter or claim a prize, a statement disclosing the average length of such a call, any toll charges beyond normal long distance charges that the individual has to pay, and any other methods available to the individual to enter or claim a prize.
Source: SL 1997, ch 223, § 3.