|§ 43-43B-1||Unlawful uses of computer system|
|§ 43-43B-2||Definition of terms|
|§ 43-43B-3||Penalties for unlawful use of computer systems|
|§ 43-43B-8||Venue for violations.Get Chapter 43-43B|
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws > Title 43 > Chapter 43B
- Access: to instruct, communicate with, store data in, or retrieve data from a computer system. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Computer: an internally programmed, general purpose digital device capable of automatically accepting data, processing data and supplying the results of the operation. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Computer network: a set of related, connected network electronics and communications links that allows any computer system to communicate with any other computer system. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Computer system: includes any computer, computer network, other related device, data input and output and storage devices, and data communications links. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Data: digitized information in any form that may be accessed by a computer system, regardless of whether the information is in transmission or stored on a computer system, diskette, compact diskette, cd-rom, tape, or in any other medium. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Software: a series of coded instructions or statements in a form acceptable to a computer system, which causes the computer system to process data in order to achieve a certain result. See South Dakota Codified Laws 43-43B-2
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.