|§ 4-37-201||Creation — Use of matching funds — Departmental report — Promulgation of rules and regulations|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 4 > Chapter 37 > Part 2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105