Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code 642.001
In this chapter:
(1) “Motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, that is designed or used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(2) “Operator” means the person who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle.
(3) “Owner” means a person who has:
(A) legal title to a motor vehicle; or
(B) the right to possess or control the vehicle.
(4) “Road-tractor” means a motor vehicle that is:
(A) used for towing manufactured housing; or
(B) designed and used for drawing other vehicles and not constructed so as to carry any load independently or as a part of the weight of a vehicle or load it is drawing.
(5) “Truck-tractor” means a motor vehicle that:
(A) transports passenger cars loaded on the vehicle while the vehicle is engaged with a semitrailer transporting passenger cars; or
(B) is designed or used primarily for pulling other vehicles and constructed to carry only a part of the weight of a vehicle it is pulling.
(6) “Tow truck” has the meaning assigned that term by Section 2308.002, Occupations Code.