(a) A cooperative association shall submit a written report to its members at the annual meeting of the cooperative association. The annual report must contain:
(1) a balance sheet;
(2) an income and expense statement;
(3) the amount and nature of the cooperative association’s authorized, subscribed, and paid-in capital;
(4) the total number of shareholders;
(5) the number of shareholders who were admitted to or withdrew from the association during the year;
(6) the par value of the association’s shares;
(7) the rate at which any investment dividends have been paid; and
(8) if the cooperative association does not issue shares:
(A) the total number of members;
(B) the number of members who were admitted to or withdrew from the association during the year; and
(C) the amount of membership fees received.
(b) The directors shall appoint a committee composed of members who are not principal bookkeepers, accountants, or employees of the cooperative association to review the cooperative association.
Terms Used In Texas Business Organizations Code 251.352
- Association: means an entity governed as an association under Title 6 or 7. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- cooperative association: means an association governed as a cooperative association under Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- written: means an expression of words, letters, characters, numbers, symbols, figures, or other textual information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium that is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) The committee appointed under Subsection (b) shall report on the quality of the annual report required by this section and the bookkeeping system of the cooperative association at the annual meeting.