Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 91A – Liability of Volunteer Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 91A
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.