(a) The district is composed of the territory described by Section 9.12 of the Act enacted by the 80th Legislature, Regular Session, 2007, amending this subsection.
(b) The boundaries and field notes contained in Section 9.12 of the Act enacted by the 80th Legislature, Regular Session, 2007, amending this subsection form a closure. A mistake made in the field notes or in copying the field notes in the legislative process does not affect:
(1) the organization, existence, or validity of the district;
(2) the right of the district to issue bonds; or
(3) the legality or operation of the district.
Terms Used In Texas Special District Local Laws Code 7201.005
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(c) District boundaries may be modified in accordance with Chapters 13 and 49, Water Code, except that the boundaries must include all territory in any area included under a certificate of convenience and necessity issued by the Public Utility Commission of Texas or the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to the district.
(d) The territory of the district does not include and the district does not have jurisdiction over land that has never been in the service area of the corporation regardless of any erroneous inclusion of that land in the boundaries and field notes in Section 9.12 of the Act enacted by the 80th Legislature, Regular Session, 2007, amending this section.