Subject to additional definitions contained in the chapters of this title which are applicable to specific chapters, as used in this title:
||“Council” means the Utah Health Advisory Council.
Terms Used In Utah Code 26-1-2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Council: means the Utah Health Advisory Council. See Utah Code 26-1-2
- Department: means the Department of Health created in Section 26-1-4. See Utah Code 26-1-2
- Executive director: means the executive director of the department appointed pursuant to Section 26-1-8. See Utah Code 26-1-2
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
||“Department” means the Department of Health created in Section 26-1-4.
||“Executive director” means the executive director of the department appointed pursuant to Section 26-1-8.
||“Public health authority” means an agency or authority of the United States, a state, a territory, a political subdivision of a state or territory, an Indian tribe, or a person acting under a grant of authority from or contract with such an agency, that is responsible for public health matters as part of its official mandate.
Amended by Chapter 391, 2012 General Session