||There is created within the Department of Public Safety the Division of Emergency Management.
Terms Used In Utah Code 53-2a-103
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of the Department of Public Safety or the commissioner's designee. See Utah Code 53-2a-102
- Department: means the Department of Public Safety created in Section 53-1-103. See Utah Code 53-1-102
- Director: means the division director appointed under Section 53-2a-103 or the director's designee. See Utah Code 53-2a-102
- Division: means the Division of Emergency Management created in Section 53-2a-103. See Utah Code 53-2a-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
||The division shall be administered by a director appointed by the commissioner with the approval of the governor.
||The director is the executive and administrative head of the division and shall be experienced in administration and possess additional qualifications as determined by the commissioner and as provided by law.
||The director acts under the supervision and control of the commissioner and may be removed from the position at the will of the commissioner.
Renumbered and Amended by Chapter 295, 2013 General Session