Vermont Statutes > Title 11B > Chapter 13 – Distributions
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 11B > Chapter 13 - Distributions
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: means public benefit and mutual benefit corporation. See
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mutual benefit corporation: means a domestic corporation which is required to be a mutual benefit corporation pursuant to section 17. See
- Public benefit corporation: means a domestic corporation which is required to be a public benefit corporation pursuant to section 17. See
- real estate: as used in this chapter shall mean such lands, tenements, rights, and estates as are made liable to execution by section 2781 of this title. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See