|§ 2.02||Articles of incorporation|
|§ 2.04||Liability for preincorporation transactions|
|§ 2.05||Organization of corporation|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 11B > Chapter 2
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- articles: include amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of merger. See
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- board of directors: means the board of directors except that no person or group of persons are the board of directors because of powers delegated to that person or group pursuant to section 8. See
- Bylaws: means the code or codes of rules (other than the articles) adopted pursuant to this title for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation, stored or depicted in any tangible or electronic medium, and irrespective of the name or names by which such rules are designated. See
- Class: refers to a group of memberships which have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption, and transfer. See
- Corporation: means public benefit and mutual benefit corporation. See
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Directors: means individuals, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the board. See
- Distribution: means the payment of a dividend or any part of the income or profit of a corporation to its members, directors, or officers. See
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- filing: means filed in the Office of the Secretary of State. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Meeting: means any structured communications conducted by participants in person or through the use of an electronic or telecommunications medium permitting simultaneous or sequentially structured communications. See
- Month: shall mean a calendar month and "year" shall mean a calendar year and be equivalent to the expression "year of our Lord. See
- Mutual benefit corporation: means a domestic corporation which is required to be a mutual benefit corporation pursuant to section 17. See
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Proceeding: includes civil suit and criminal, administrative, and investigatory action. See
- Public benefit corporation: means a domestic corporation which is required to be a public benefit corporation pursuant to section 17. See
- Secretary: means the corporate officer to whom the board of directors has delegated responsibility under subsection 8. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Town: shall include city and wards or precincts therein; "selectboard members" and "board of civil authority" shall extend to and include the mayor and aldermen of cities; "trustees" shall extend to and include bailiffs of incorporated villages; and the laws applicable to the inhabitants and officers of towns shall be applicable to the inhabitants and similar officers of all municipal corporations. See
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.