Vermont Statutes > Title 9 > Chapter 116 – Fantasy Sports Contests
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 4186||Consumer protection|
|§ 4187||Fair and truthful advertising|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 9 > Chapter 116 - Fantasy Sports Contests
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Confidential fantasy sports contest information: means nonpublic information available to a fantasy sports operator that relates to a fantasy sports player's activity in a fantasy sports contest and that, if disclosed, may give another fantasy sports player an unfair competitive advantage in a fantasy sports contest. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Fantasy sports contest: means a virtual or simulated sporting event governed by a uniform set of rules adopted by a fantasy sports operator in which:
- Fantasy sports operator: means a person that offers to members of the public the opportunity to participate in a fantasy sports contest for consideration. See
- Fantasy sports player: means an individual who participates in a fantasy sports contest for consideration. See
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- seal: shall include an impression of the official seal made upon paper alone or by means of a wafer or wax affixed thereto. See
- services: shall include any objects, wares, goods, commodities, work, labor, intangibles, courses of instruction or training, securities, bonds, debentures, stocks, real estate, or other property or services of any kind. See
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See