Virginia Code > Title 67 > Chapter 10 – Solar and Wind Energy System Acquisition Grant Program
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 67 > Chapter 10 - Solar and Wind Energy System Acquisition Grant Program
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Corporation: means an entity subject to the tax imposed by Article 10 (§ 58. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- Department: means the Department of Energy. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fund: means the Solar and Wind Energy System Acquisition Grant Fund established pursuant to § 67-1002. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- in writing: include any representation of words, letters, symbols, numbers, or figures, whether (i) printed or inscribed on a tangible medium or (ii) stored in an electronic or other medium and retrievable in a perceivable form and whether an electronic signature authorized by Chapter 42. See Virginia Code 1-257
- Individual: means the same as that term is defined in § 58. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- Person: includes any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, limited liability company, trust, joint venture, government, political subdivision, or any other legal or commercial entity and any successor, representative, agent, agency, or instrumentality thereof. See Virginia Code 1-230
- Photovoltaic property: means property that uses a solar photovoltaic process to generate electricity and that meets applicable performance and quality standards and certification requirements in effect at the time of acquisition of the property, as specified by the Department. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- Solar water heating property: means property that, when installed in connection with a structure, uses solar energy for the purpose of providing hot water for use within the structure and meets applicable performance and quality standards and certification requirements in effect at the time of acquisition of the property, as specified by the Department. See Virginia Code 67-1000
- Town: means any existing town or an incorporated community within one or more counties which became a town before noon, July 1, 1971, as provided by law or which has within defined boundaries a population of 1,000 or more and which has become a town as provided by law. See Virginia Code 1-254
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands and the United States Virgin Islands. See Virginia Code 1-255