(a) The commission shall submit annual reports to the Legislature, as required by the provisions of section five of this article, which such reports shall describe and evaluate in a concise manner:
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 16-29E-7
- Commission: means the Legislative Oversight commission on health and human resources accountability. See West Virginia Code 16-29E-3
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
(1) The major activities of the several health and human resources agencies for the fiscal year immediately past, including important policy decisions reached on initiatives undertaken during that year, especially as such activities, decisions and initiatives relate to:
(A) The implementation of health care or social services programs;
(B) Improving the accessibility of appropriate health care in all areas of this state;
(C) Improving the health status of the citizens of this state; and
(D) Coordinating social services programs to reflect a cohesive delivery of transitional services.
(2) Other information considered by the commission to be important, including recommendations for statutory, fiscal or policy reforms and reasons for such recommendations.
(b) The reports may specify in what manner any practice, policy or procedure may or should be modified to satisfy the goal of efficient and effective delivery of health and social services programs and to improve the quality of health and social services available in this state.