(a) To fulfill the purposes of this article, the following information shall be reported to the Office of Drug Control Policy:
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 16-5T-4
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
(1) An emergency medical or law-enforcement response to a suspected, reported, or confirmed overdose, or a response in which an overdose is identified by the responders;
(2) Medical treatment for an overdose;
(3) The dispensation or provision of an opioid antagonist; and
(4) Death attributed to overdose or “drug poisoning”.
(b) The following entities shall be required to report information contained in §16-5T-4(a) of this code:
(1) Pharmacies operating in the state;
(2) Health care providers;
(3) Medical examiners;
(4) Law-enforcement agencies, including prosecuting attorneys, state, county, and local police departments;
(5) Emergency response providers; and
(6) Hospital emergency rooms and departments.