Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 256.21
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Definition. In this section, “community emergency medical services practitioner” means an individual who has obtained an approval issued under sub. (2).
(2) Departmental approval. No person may use the title “community emergency medical services practitioner” unless he or she obtains an approval from the department issued under this section to provide services as a community emergency medical services practitioner. To be eligible for an approval by the department as a community emergency medical services practitioner, an individual shall meet all of the following criteria:
(a) The individual is licensed as an emergency medical services practitioner of any level, that license is not suspended or revoked, and the individual is not the subject of an action under s. 256.15 (11).
(b) The individual has the equivalent of 2 years of service as an emergency medical services practitioner at any level.
(c) The individual successfully completes a training program that has been approved by the department under sub. (3).
(d) The individual submits an application for the approval on a form specified by the department.
(e) The individual satisfies any other requirements established by the department.
(3) Training program. The department shall, after consulting the board, approve training programs for community emergency medical services practitioners that include clinical experience, that provide flexibility in addressing local service needs, and that meet any other criteria established by the department.
(4) Affiliation. A community emergency medical services practitioner may provide services under sub. (6) only if he or she is a volunteer for or an employee of a community emergency medical services provider, as defined in s. 256.215 (1) (a), or if he or she is an employee of or under contract with a hospital, clinic, or physician.
256.21(5)(a) (a) A community emergency medical services practitioner shall follow any protocols and supervisory standards established by the department or by a medical director.
(b) A community emergency medical services practitioner is subject to certification, disciplinary, complaint, and other regulatory requirements that apply to emergency medical services practitioners under s. 256.15.
(6) Services provided. Notwithstanding the actions authorized for emergency services under s. 256.15 (6n), a community emergency medical services practitioner may provide services for which he or she is trained under a training program approved by the department under sub. (3), that are not duplicative of services already being provided to a patient, and that are approved by the hospital, clinic, or physician for which the community emergency medical services practitioner is an employee or contractor or are incorporated in the patient care protocols under s. 256.215 (2) (b).