Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 941.2965
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) In this section, “facsimile firearm” means any replica, toy, starter pistol or other object that bears a reasonable resemblance to or that reasonably can be perceived to be an actual firearm. “Facsimile firearm” does not include any actual firearm.
(2) No person may carry or display a facsimile firearm in a manner that could reasonably be expected to alarm, intimidate, threaten or terrify another person. Whoever violates this section is subject to a Class C forfeiture.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(a) Any peace officer acting in the discharge of his or her official duties. Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), this paragraph does not apply to a commission warden.
(b) Any person engaged in military activities, sponsored by the state or federal government, acting in the discharge of his or her official duties.
(c) Any person who is on his or her own real property, in his or her own home or at his or her own fixed place of business.
(d) Any person who is on real property and acting with the consent of the owner of that property.