The Federal Trade Commission shall undertake a study to examine the strength of competition in the sale of prescription contact lenses. The study shall include an examination of the following issues:
(1) Incidence of exclusive relationships between prescribers or sellers and contact lens manufacturers and the impact of such relationships on competition.
(2) Difference between online and offline sellers of contact lenses, including price, access, and availability.
(3) Incidence, if any, of contact lens prescriptions that specify brand name or custom labeled contact lenses, the reasons for the incidence, and the effect on consumers and competition.
(4) The impact of the Federal Trade Commission eyeglasses rule (16 CFR 456 et seq.) on competition, the nature of the enforcement of the rule, and how such enforcement has impacted competition.
(5) Any other issue that has an impact on competition in the sale of prescription contact lenses.
Not later than 12 months after the effective date of this chapter, the Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission shall submit to the Congress a report of the study required by subsection (a).