As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 10A-11-1.02
- cooperative: Includes an employee cooperative as defined in Chapter 11. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- corporation: Includes a domestic or foreign business corporation as defined in Chapter 2, a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation as defined in Chapter 3, a domestic or foreign professional corporation as defined in Chapter 4, and those entities specified in Chapter 20 as corporate. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- person: An individual, including the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual, or an organization, whether created by the laws of this state or another state or foreign country, including, without limitation, a general partnership, limited liability partnership, limited partnership, limited liability limited partnership, limited liability company, corporation, professional corporation, professional association, trustee, personal representative, fiduciary, as defined in Section 19-3-150 or person performing in any similar capacity, business trust, estate, trust, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
(1) COLLECTIVE RESERVE ACCOUNT. An internal capital account that represents the portion of the net book value of the corporation attributable to the cooperative.
(2) EMPLOYEE COOPERATIVE. A corporation which has elected to be governed by this chapter.
(3) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNT COOPERATIVE. An employee cooperative governed in accordance with Section 10A-11-1.11.
(4) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNTS. A system of accounts on the books of an employee cooperative that reflects the book value of the corporation.
(5) MEMBER. A natural person who has been accepted for membership in and owns a membership share issued by an employee cooperative.
(6) MEMBERSHIP FEE. The consideration paid for a membership share.
(7) MEMBERSHIP SHARE. A single share of voting stock issued to each member of a worker cooperative as evidence of membership.
(8) PATRONAGE. The amount of work performed as a member of an employee cooperative, measured in accordance with the governing documents.
(9) WRITTEN NOTICE OF ALLOCATION. A written statement which discloses to a member the stated dollar amount of the member’s patronage allocation and the terms for payment of that amount by the employee cooperative.