Before accepting any complaint under this chapter, the office shall determine if the complainant has filed a similar complaint with the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation of the Federal Reserve System, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, or any other agency with authority to investigate and resolve complaints alleging a violation of this chapter. If a complaint has been filed or is filed, subsequently the office shall coordinate efforts to resolve the complaint with that agency in order to avoid multiple investigations of the respondent.
(Acts 1991, No. 91-659, p. 1248, §15.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 24-8-15
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- office: Office of ADECA. See Alabama Code 24-8-3
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1