As used in this article, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates the contrary:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 36-21-40
(1) FUND. The Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Fund provided for in Section 36-21-47.
(2) COMMISSION. The Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Commission established by Section 36-21-41.
(3) LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. The state Department of Public Safety, the Alabama Board of Corrections, the police department of each incorporated city or town, the department of each sheriff of the state, including all deputy sheriffs, the Enforcement Division of the State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and the Public Service Commission, and each public agency in the state charged with the enforcement of any laws and the officers or employees of which have power as such officials or employees to make arrests. The term does not include the National Guard or any military organization.
(4) LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. A policeman, deputy sheriff, deputy constable and other official who has authority as such official to make arrests. The term includes Alabama state troopers or members of the state Department of Public Safety, enforcement officers of the Public Service Commission, and the Alabama Board of Corrections.
(5) STATE. The State of Alabama.