(a) The authority may be organized pursuant to this part. In order to incorporate such a public corporation, any number of natural persons not less than three, who are duly qualified electors of the city, shall first file a written application with the governing body of the city, which application shall:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 45-41A-10.03
- authority: The Auburn Downtown Redevelopment Authority, a public corporation organized pursuant to this part. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- city: The City of Auburn, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- GOVERNING BODY: With respect to the city, its city council, board of commissioners, or other like governing body. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- PRINCIPAL OFFICE: The place at which the certificate of incorporation and amendments thereto, the bylaws and the minutes of the proceedings of the board of the authority are kept. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
(1) Contain a statement that the applicants propose to incorporate the authority pursuant to this part.
(2) State the proposed location of the principal office of the authority, which shall be within the corporate limits of the city.
(3) State that each of the applicants is a duly qualified elector of the city.
(4) Request that the governing body of the city adopt a resolution declaring that it is wise, expedient, and necessary that the proposed authority be formed and authorizing the applicants to proceed to form the proposed authority by the filing for record of a certificate of incorporation in accordance with Section 45-41A-10.04.(b) Every such application shall be accompanied by such supporting documents or evidence as the applicants may consider appropriate. As promptly as may be practicable after the filing of the application with it in accordance with this section, the governing body of the city shall review the contents of the application, and shall adopt a resolution either denying the application or declaring that it is wise, expedient, and necessary that the proposed authority be formed and authorizing the applicants to proceed to form the proposed authority by the filing for record of a certificate of incorporation in accordance with Section 45-41A-10.04. The governing body with which the application is filed shall also cause a copy of the application to be spread upon or otherwise made a part of the minutes of the meeting of such governing body at which final action upon the application is taken.