The city shall not in any event be liable for the payment of the principal of or interest on any bonds of the authority or for the performance of any pledge, mortgage, obligation, or agreement of any kind whatsoever which may be undertaken by the authority, and none of the bonds of the authority or any of its agreements or obligations shall be construed to constitute an indebtedness of the city within the meaning of any constitutional or statutory provision whatsoever.
(Act 84-415, p. 981, §15.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 45-41A-40.14
- authority: The Opelika Downtown Redevelopment Authority, a public corporation organized pursuant to this part. See Alabama Code 45-41A-40.01
- bonds: Shall include bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money. See Alabama Code 45-41A-40.01
- city: The City of Opelika, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-41A-40.01
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.