After final action has been taken by the governing body on the overruling of any protests or objections with respect to any described piece of property, or in case no protests or objections have been received, the city or county governing body, by motion or resolution, shall order the abatement of the nuisance by having the nuisance removed. All necessary employees of the city or county are expressly authorized to enter upon private property for the purpose of abatement. Any property owner may have any nuisance removed at his or her own expense providing it is done prior to the arrival of the employees of the city or county to remove it.

(Act 95-375, p. 763, §6.)