As used in this part, the following words shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 45-8A-71.01
(1) APPOINTING AUTHORITY. The mayor or city council, and in the case of a separate board or instrumentality, the governing body or individual designated by the governing body in writing to the board.
(2) BOARD. The civil service board created by this part.
(3) CITY. The City of Jacksonville in Calhoun County.
(4) EMPLOYEE. Any person, including firemen and policemen, not excepted by Section 45-8A-71.02, who is employed in the service of the City of Jacksonville.
(5) GOVERNING BODY. The city council and, in the case of a separate board or instrumentality, the governing body of that board or instrumentality.