Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 15 > Chapter 10 > Article 6
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- insurer: The term shall have the meaning ascribed in Section 27-1-2 and shall include health maintenance organizations. See Alabama Code 15-10-46
- investment: Any asset owned by an insurer. See Alabama Code 15-10-46
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.