Alabama Code > Title 1 > Chapter 3 – Miscellaneous Provisions
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 1 > Chapter 3 - Miscellaneous Provisions
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- association: A partnership, limited partnership, or any form of unincorporated enterprise owned by two or more persons. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- board: The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- corporation: A corporation or joint stock association organized under the laws of this state, the United States, or any other state, territory or foreign country, or dependency. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- liquor: Any alcoholic, spirituous, vinous, fermented, or other alcoholic beverage, or combination of liquors and mixed liquor, a part of which is spirituous, fermented, vinous, or otherwise alcoholic, and all drinks or drinkable liquids, preparations, or mixtures intended for beverage purposes, which contain one-half of one percent or more of alcohol by volume, except beer and table wine. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- manufacturer: Any person, association, or corporation engaged in the producing, bottling, manufacturing, distilling, rectifying, or compounding of alcoholic beverages, liquor, beer, or wine in this state or for sale or distribution in this state or to the board or to a licensee of the board. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- person: Every natural person, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- population: The population according to the last preceding or any subsequent decennial census of the United States, except where a municipality is incorporated subsequent to the last census, in which event, its population until the next decennial census shall be the population of the municipality as determined by the judge of probate of the county as the official population on the date of its incorporation. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- retailer: Any person licensed by the board to engage in the retail sale of any alcoholic beverages to the consumer. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- TABLE WINE: Except as otherwise provided in this subdivision, any wine containing not more than 24 percent alcohol by volume. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- wholesaler: Any person licensed by the board to engage in the sale and distribution of table wine and beer, or either of them, within this state, at wholesale only, to be sold by export or to retail licensees or other wholesale licensees or others within this state lawfully authorized to sell table wine and beer, or either of them, for the purpose of resale only. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- wine: All beverages made from the fermentation of fruits, berries, or grapes, with or without added spirits, and produced in accordance with the laws and regulations of the United States, containing not more than 24 percent alcohol by volume, and shall include all sparkling wines, carbonated wines, special natural wines, rectified wines, vermouths, vinous beverages, vinous liquors, and like products, including restored or unrestored pure condensed juice. See Alabama Code 28-3-1