|§ 24-8A-1||Short title|
|§ 24-8A-3||Documentation requirements|
|§ 24-8A-4||Misrepresentation of entitlement to assistance animal or service animal|
|§ 24-8A-5||Misrepresentation of animal as assistance animal or service animal|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 24 > Chapter 8A
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- dependents: The spouse, children, or other dependents of the retired employee, as defined by and covered under the documents governing the governmental entities' benefit plans that provide post-employment benefits. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- employee: Any person who is an employee of any governmental entity located in the state who may become eligible for post-employment benefits from the governmental entity. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- employer: Any governmental entity that sponsors, in whole or in part, post-employment benefits. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY: Any political subdivision of the state, any department, agency, board, commission, or authority of any such political subdivision, or any public corporation, authority, agency, instrumentality, board, commission, state college, university, or other governmental entity controlled by or otherwise associated with any political subdivision. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- POST-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS: Non-pension benefits sponsored in whole or in part by a governmental entity and paid in whole or in part by a governmental entity on behalf of retired employees or their dependents after separation from service in accordance with the terms of the relevant plan providing such benefits. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- RETIRED EMPLOYEE: A former employee of a governmental entity who is eligible for post-employment benefits from the governmental entity. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- trust: Any single-employer or multiple-employer trust or fund established for the purpose of funding post-employment benefits and includes, but is not limited to, an Internal Revenue Code Section 115 trust, 26 U. See Alabama Code 11-104-2
- trustee: The trustee of a trust. See Alabama Code 11-104-2