|§ 24-8A-1||Short title|
|§ 24-8A-3||Documentation requirements|
|§ 24-8A-4||Misrepresentation of entitlement to assistance animal or service animal|
|§ 24-8A-5||Misrepresentation of animal as assistance animal or service animal|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 24 > Chapter 8A - Alabama Assistance and Service Animal Integ
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.