Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 36 > Chapter 23
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.