Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 40 > Chapter 2 > Article 3
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- oath: includes affirmation. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608