Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 6 > Chapter 5 > Article 6
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.