|§ 6-5-100||Fraud – Right of action generally|
|§ 6-5-101||Fraud – Misrepresentations of material facts|
|§ 6-5-102||Suppression of material facts|
|§ 6-5-103||Deceit – Right of action generally|
|§ 6-5-104||Deceit – Fraudulent deceit|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 6 > Chapter 5 > Article 8
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- day: When used in the computation of time excludes the first day and includes the last day of the period so computed, unless the last day is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, in which event the period runs until the end of the next day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday, or a legal holiday. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- director: An individual who serves on the board of directors, by whatever name known, of a foreign or domestic corporation. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- FILING ENTITY: A domestic entity that is a corporation, limited partnership, including a limited liability partnership, limited liability company, professional association, employee cooperative corporation, or real estate investment trust. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- FOREIGN FILING ENTITY: A foreign entity that registers or is required to register as a foreign entity under Article 7. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP: A foreign limited liability partnership as defined in Chapter 8A. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- GOVERNING PERSON: A person serving as part of the governing authority of an entity. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- individual: A natural person and the estate of an incompetent or deceased natural person. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- law: Unless the context requires otherwise, both statutory and common law. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- organization: A corporation, limited partnership, general partnership, limited liability company, business trust, real estate investment trust, joint venture, joint stock company, cooperative, association, bank, insurance company, credit union, savings and loan association, or other organization, regardless of whether the organization is for profit, not for profit, nonprofit, domestic, or foreign. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- partner: A limited partner or general partner. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- trustee: A person who serves as a trustee of a trust, including a real estate investment trust. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.