(a) The commissioner may not include the conditions of former AS 38.05.078 (d) in a remote parcel purchase contract issued on or after July 1, 1997.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 38.09.105
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
(b) The commissioner shall amend a remote parcel or homestead entry land purchase contract or patent issued before July 1, 1997 to remove the conditions of former AS 38.05.078 (d) or former AS 38.09.050 (e) if the holder of the purchase contract or patent
(1) requests the amendment;
(2) pays the reasonable administrative costs of the amendment as determined by the commissioner; and
(3) pays the difference, as established by the commissioner, between the land’s fair market value before the amendment and the estimated fair market value after the amendment.