A membership camping contract may be cancelled by a resident purchaser for any reason at any time before midnight of the third business day after the purchaser has signed and received a copy of the contract. A membership camping contract may be cancelled by a nonresident purchaser for any reason at any time before midnight of the seventh calendar day after the purchaser has signed and received a copy of the contract. To cancel a contract the purchaser may notify the campground operator of the cancellation in writing, by certified mail return receipt requested, or personal delivery, to an address in this state as specified in the contract. Proof of timely cancellation is satisfied if the certified letter is postmarked on or before midnight of the seventh day. All monies paid pursuant to the cancelled contract shall be fully refunded within thirty days of receipt of the notice of cancellation. If the purchaser executed any credit or loan agreement through the campground operator to pay all or part of the camping services, the debt and security instruments shall also be returned within thirty days. The contract shall contain a conspicuous notice printed in at least ten point bold-faced type as follows:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 32-2198.05
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Membership camping contract: means an agreement that is offered or sold in this state evidencing a purchaser's right or license to use the camping or outdoor recreation facilities of a membership camping operator and includes a membership that provides for this use. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215
Notice to purchaser
You are entitled to a copy of this contract at the time you sign it.
You may cancel this contract at any time, if a resident of this state, before midnight of the third business day or if a nonresident of this state before midnight of the seventh calendar day after receiving a signed copy of this contract. If you choose to cancel this contract, you must either:
1. Send a signed and dated written notice of cancellation by certified mail, return receipt requested.
2. Personally deliver a signed and dated written notice of cancellation to:
____________________(Name of Campground)
____________________(Address of Campground)
If you cancel this contract within the time periods set forth above, you are entitled to a full refund of your money. If the last day for giving notice falls on a Sunday or holiday, notice is timely given if it is mailed or delivered as specified on the next business day. Refunds must be made within thirty days of receipt of the cancellation notice by the campground operator.