A. The director shall appoint an advisory committee to collaborate with and assist the director in performing the duties prescribed in this chapter. The director shall inform the advisory committee regarding all disciplinary actions. In addition to the director who serves as chairperson, the advisory committee shall include:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 32-2802
- Certificate: means a certificate that is granted and issued by the department. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Nuclear medicine technologist: means a person who uses radiopharmaceutical agents on humans for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes as set forth in rules adopted pursuant to section 32-2815. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Practical technologist in radiology: means a person holding a practical technologist in radiology certificate that is granted and issued by the department. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Radiologic technology: means the science and art of applying ionizing radiation to human beings for general diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Radiologist: means a licensed practitioner of medicine or osteopathic medicine who has undertaken a course of training that meets the requirements for admission to the examination of the American board of radiology or the American osteopathic board of radiology. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
1. Four members who are practicing radiologic technologists, who have at least five years’ experience and who hold radiologic technology certificates issued pursuant to this chapter.
2. Two public members. Only a person who has never been a member, or the spouse of a member, of a health care delivery profession and who has never had a material financial interest in providing health care or in a directly related activity is eligible to be a public member of the advisory committee.
3. Two members who are licensed practitioners, one of whom is a radiologist.
4. One member who is a practical technologist in radiology, who has at least five years’ experience and who is a current license holder.
5. One member who is a practicing nuclear medicine technologist, who has at least five years’ experience in that field and who holds an active certificate issued pursuant to this chapter.
B. All advisory committee members serve a term of three years to begin and end on the third Monday of January in the appropriate year. The director shall fill a vacancy that occurs before the expiration of a term for the unexpired term.
C. Each advisory committee member is eligible to receive compensation as determined pursuant to section 38-611.
D. The advisory committee shall meet at least once every six months at times and places determined by the advisory committee. Special meetings also may be held at such times as the advisory committee may decide or on the call of the chairperson. A written notice of the time, place and purpose of any special meeting shall be mailed to all members of the advisory committee.
E. The department may provide additional professional, technical, secretarial and clerical assistance as the advisory committee may require to carry out its functions.
F. The advisory committee shall hold examinations for applicants for certificates pursuant to this chapter at least once every six months, at times and places as the advisory committee may determine.
G. The director may terminate the term of an advisory committee member and declare the position vacant if the member fails to attend three consecutive advisory committee meetings.
H. The advisory committee may hire practicing radiologic technologists and other medical specialists to assist it in preparing and administering examinations. These specialists shall receive the same compensation as advisory committee members.
I. The advisory committee may employ temporary and permanent personnel necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
J. Advisory committee members, advisory committee staff and advisory committee examiners are personally immune from suit for all actions taken in good faith in furtherance of the purposes of this chapter.