|Article 1||General Provisions||10-3401 – 10-3403|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 27
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Adult: means a person who is eighteen years of age or older. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of revenue. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Department: means the department of child safety. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation and that is incorporated under or subject to chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Due date: means the next business day if a due date of any report, claim, return, statement, payment, deposit, petition, notice or other document or filing falls on Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- E-mail: means an electronic transmission of a message to an e-mail address. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
(a) Determining that the filing fee requirements of section 10-122 have been satisfied. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit that is incorporated under a law other than the law of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Gas: means :
(a) Natural gas, including casinghead gas. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- Gross production: means all oil, gas or geothermal resources that are produced and saved except:
(a) Any interest of the United States or this state or of any other person or entity that is exempt under the laws of the United States or the constitution or laws of this state in any oil, gas or geothermal resources or in the proceeds of oil, gas or geothermal resources. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- Gross yield: means the amount for which the gross production is sold in the immediate vicinity of the well or, if not sold on the property, the field or posted price or representative market price at the well of oil, gas or geothermal resources that are transported from the property. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- juvenile: means an individual who is under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Juvenile court: means the juvenile division of the superior court when exercising its jurisdiction over children in any proceeding relating to delinquency, dependency or incorrigibility. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Oil: means crude petroleum oil and other hydrocarbons regardless of gravity that are produced at the well in liquid form by ordinary production methods and that are not the result of condensation of gas after it leaves the reservoir. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a natural person, individual, proprietor, proprietorship, company, corporation, organization, association, joint venture, partner, partnership, trust, estate or limited liability company, the federal or state government, a political subdivision of a state or any other legal entity or combination of entities that owns, controls or has possession of real or personal property. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Personal property: includes property of every kind, both tangible and intangible, not included in the term real estate. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Producer: means a person who owns, controls or leases, either as lessor or lessee, or who has any other interest in oil, gas or geothermal resource lands or oil, gas or geothermal resource wells on January 1 of each year if any person produced any oil, gas or geothermal resource in any manner from the lands or wells during the preceding calendar year. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- production: means any taking of oil or gas from any land in this state that is under the state's jurisdiction. See Arizona Laws 42-14101
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Real estate: includes the ownership of, claim to, possession of or right of possession to lands or patented mines. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Roll: means the assessment and tax roll. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Valuation: means the full cash value or limited property value that is determined for real or personal property, as applicable. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- Valuation year: means :
(a) For real property and property valued by the department, the calendar year preceding the year in which the taxes are levied. See Arizona Laws 42-11001
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215