|Article 1||Board of Technical Registration||32-101 – 32-113|
|Article 2||Registration and Certification||32-121 – 32-131|
|Article 3||Regulatory Provisions||32-141 – 32-152|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 1
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Architect: means a person who, by reason of knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences and the principles of architecture and architectural engineering acquired by professional education and practical experience, is qualified to engage in the practice of architecture and is registered as an architect pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Board: means the state board of technical registration. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Engineer: means a person who, by reason of special knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design acquired by professional education and practical experience, is qualified to practice engineering and is registered as a professional engineer pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Firm: means any individual or partnership, corporation or other type of association, including the association of a nonregistrant and a registrant who offers to the public professional services regulated by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Geological practice: means any professional service or work requiring geological education, training and experience, and the application of special knowledge of the earth sciences to such professional services as consultation, evaluation of mining properties, petroleum properties and groundwater resources, professional supervision of exploration for mineral natural resources including metallic and nonmetallic ores, petroleum and groundwater, and the geological phases of engineering investigations. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Geologist: means a person, not of necessity an engineer, who by reason of special knowledge of the earth sciences and the principles and methods of search for and appraisal of mineral or other natural resources acquired by professional education and practical experience is qualified to practice geology as attested by registration as a professional geologist. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Home inspection: means a visual analysis for the purposes of providing a professional opinion of the building, any reasonably accessible installed components and the operation of the building's systems, including the controls normally operated by the owner, for the following components of a residential building of four units or less:
(a) Heating system. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Home inspection report: means a written report that is prepared for compensation, that is issued after a home inspection and that clearly describes and identifies the inspected systems, structures and components of a completed dwelling and any visible major defects found to be in need of immediate major repair and any recommendations for additional evaluation by appropriate persons. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Home inspector: means an individual who is certified pursuant to this chapter as a home inspector and who engages in the business of performing home inspections and writing home inspection reports. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Land surveyor: means a person who by reason of knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences, principles of land surveying and evidence gathering acquired by professional education or practical experience, or both, is qualified to practice land surveying as attested by registration as a land surveyor. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Landscape architect: means a person who, by reason of professional education or practical experience, or both, is qualified to engage in the practice of landscape architecture as attested by registration as a landscape architect. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Principal: means an individual who is an officer of the corporation or is designated by a firm as having full authority and responsible charge of the services offered by the firm. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Registrant: means a person registered or certified by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Registration: means a registration or certification issued by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-101
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.