(a) The department shall make and prescribe those reasonable rules as may be necessary or proper to carry out the purposes and intent of Section 22 of Article XX of the California Constitution and to enable it to exercise the powers and perform the duties conferred upon it by that section or by this division, not inconsistent with any statute of this state, including particularly this division and Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 11500) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
(b) Any regulation which excludes nude persons from licensed premises shall not apply to a nude person at licensed premises located at a nudist resort or nudist campground which was in existence prior to January 1, 1977, and whose operation is in conformance with local land use regulations.
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 25750
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Department of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Business and Professions Code 31
- County: includes city and county. See California Business and Professions Code 17
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Business and Professions Code 21
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs, unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Business and Professions Code 15
(c) Subdivision (b) is applicable only in a county where the board of supervisors of the county in which the licensed premises is located adopts an ordinance or resolution making subdivision (b) applicable in that county, and the sheriff of that county certifies that no extraordinary police problem would be created thereby.
(Amended by Stats. 1987, Ch. 636, Sec. 1.)