Terms Used In California Codes > Business and Professions Code > Division 1 > Chapter 1.5
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Board: as used in this chapter , means the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians of the State of California. See California Education Code 52050
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 17321
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- psychiatric technician: means any person who, for compensation or personal profit, implements procedures and techniques that involve understanding of cause and effect and that are used in the care, treatment, and rehabilitation of mentally ill or emotionally disturbed persons, or persons with intellectual disabilities, and who has one or more of the following:
California Education Code 52055.700
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.