|§ 1296||The parties to a construction contract with a public agency may …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Code of Civil Procedure > Part 3 > Title 9.2 - PUBLIC CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT ARBITRATION
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- board: as used in this chapter means the Medical Board of California. See California Business and Professions Code 2002
- commission: means the Student Aid Commission created by this article. See California Education Code 69515
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.