A “driving school owner” is any person licensed by the department to engage in the business of giving instruction for compensation in the driving of motor vehicles or in the preparation of an applicant for examination for a driver‘s license issued by the department.
(Amended by Stats. 1975, Ch. 703.)
Terms Used In California Vehicle Code 311
- business: includes a proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and any other form of commercial enterprise. See California Vehicle Code 234
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles except, when used in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 2100) of Division 2 and in Divisions 11 (commencing with Section 21000), 12 (commencing with Section 24000), 13 (commencing with Section 29000), 14 (commencing with Section 31600), 14. See California Vehicle Code 290
- driver: is a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See California Vehicle Code 305
- instruction: includes classroom driver education, in-vehicle driver training, and correspondence study. See California Vehicle Code 310.6
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, copartnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Vehicle Code 470