A “legal owner” is a person holding a security interest in a vehicle which is subject to the provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code, or the lessor of a vehicle to the State or to any county, city, district, or political subdivision of the State, or to the United States, under a lease, lease-sale, or rental-purchase agreement which grants possession of the vehicle to the lessee for a period of 30 consecutive days or more.
(Amended by Stats. 1963, Ch. 1867.)
Terms Used In California Vehicle Code 370
- City: includes every city and city and county within this State. See California Vehicle Code 255
- County: includes every county and city and county within this State. See California Vehicle Code 270
- Lessor: includes "bailor" and "lease" includes "bailment. See California Vehicle Code 372
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, copartnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Vehicle Code 470
- vehicle: is a device by which any person or property may be propelled, moved, or drawn upon a highway, excepting a device moved exclusively by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See California Vehicle Code 670