(a) Neither a parent or guardian of a child who is under 14 years of age, nor an adult who is authorized by the parent or guardian to supervise that child, shall grant permission to, or knowingly allow, that child to operate an off-highway motor vehicle in a manner that violates Section 38304.
(b) A person convicted of a violation of subdivision (a) is punishable as follows:
Terms Used In California Vehicle Code 38304.1
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- off-highway motor vehicle: is a ny of the following:
California Vehicle Code 38006
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, copartnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Vehicle Code 470
(1) For a first conviction, the court shall impose a fine of thirty-five dollars ($35).
(2) For a second conviction, a fine of not less than thirty-five dollars ($35) nor more than fifty dollars ($50).
(3) For a third or any subsequent conviction, a fine of not less than fifty dollars ($50) nor more than seventy-five dollars ($75).
(Added by Stats. 2009, Ch. 414, Sec. 3. (AB 134) Effective January 1, 2010.)