Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the Secretary of the State. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the Secretary of the State a signed copy of the application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed and sworn to by a general partner and setting forth: (1) The name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in the state; (2) the state and date of its formation; (3) the general character of the business it proposes to transact in this state; (4) the name and address of the agent in this state for service of process on the foreign limited partnership required to be maintained by § 34-38p and an acceptance of such appointment signed by the agent appointed if other than the Secretary of the State; (5) the address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state, or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership; (6) the name and business address of each general partner; (7) the address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign limited partnership registration in this state is cancelled or withdrawn; (8) the date the foreign limited partnership commenced transacting business in this state; and (9) the electronic mail address, if any, of the foreign limited partnership.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 34-38g
- Address: means location as described by the full street number, if any, street, city or town, state or country and not a mailing address such as a post office box. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- Foreign limited partnership: means a partnership formed under the laws of any state other than this state and having as partners one or more general partners and one or more limited partners. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- General partner: means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement and named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- Partner: means a limited or general partner. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9