As used in this section and section 4-189i:
(1) “Agency” has the same meaning as provided in section 4-166;
(2) “Regulation” has the same meaning as provided in section 4-166;
(3) “Existing regulation” means a regulation that was adopted by an agency no later than one year prior to the scheduled date of review, as provided in subsection (b) of section 4-189i;
(4) “Regulation review committee” means the standing legislative regulation review committee established under section 4-170;
(5) “Committee of cognizance” means the legislative committee of the General Assembly having cognizance of the subject matter of a regulation.