|Subchapter I||General Provisions||601 – 605|
|Subchapter II||Food Stamp Trafficking Control Act||610 – 613|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 31 > Chapter 6
- Access device: means any card, plate, code, account number or other means of access that can be used, alone or in conjunction with another access device, to obtain payments, allotments, benefits, money, goods or other things of value, or that can be used to initiate a transfer of funds under the federal Food Stamp Act [7 U. See Delaware Code Title 31 Sec. 612
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Value: means the sum of the face value of all food stamp coupons, ATPs or access devices possessed, transferred or converted from 1 scheme or course of conduct, whether from 1 or several rightful possessors, at the same or different times and which may constitute a single criminal episode. See Delaware Code Title 31 Sec. 612