(1) The department is empowered to promulgate rules and regulations and to issue special instructions to local governments as required to carry out the provisions of this part.
(2) The department shall, for all taxes collected and received into the revenue sharing trust funds, establish a schedule of equal monthly distribution for any computation period. The department is authorized to receive funds pursuant to s. 215.18 at any time in order to make such monthly payments by the 25th day of the month.
(3)(a) The department shall compute the apportionment factors once each fiscal year for use during the fiscal year. The computation shall be made prior to July 25 of each fiscal year and shall be based upon information submitted and certified to the department prior to June 1 of each year.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 218.26
- Department: means the Department of Revenue. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Unit of local government: means a county or municipal government and shall not include any special district as defined in part III. See Florida Statutes 218.21
(b) The apportionment factors shall, except in the case of error, remain in effect for the fiscal year.
(4) It shall be the duty of each agency and unit of local government required to submit certified information to the department pursuant to the administration of this part to file timely information. Any unit of local government failing to provide timely information required pursuant to the administration of this part shall, by such action, authorize the department to utilize the best information available or, if no such information is available, to take any necessary action, including disqualification, either partial or entire, and shall further, by such action, waive any right to challenge the determination of the department as to its share, if any, pursuant to the privilege of receiving shared revenues under this part.