The following words as used in this act have the meanings set forth in the below subsections, unless a different meaning is required by the context.
(1) “Custodian” means any elected or appointed state officer, board, commission, or authority, and any other person or agency entitled to lawful custody of property owned by the state.
(2) “Property” means all tangible personal property owned by the state.
(3) “Private nonprofit agency” means a nonprofit charitable organization, no part of the net earnings of which inures or may lawfully inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, which has been held to be tax-exempt under the provisions of s. 501 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and which has as its principal mission:
(a) Public health and welfare;
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 273.01
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
(c) Environmental restoration and conservation;
(d) Civil and human rights; or
(e) The relief of human suffering and poverty.