Terms Used In Florida Statutes 468.8421
- Mold: means an organism of the class fungi that causes disintegration of organic matter and produces spores, and includes any spores, hyphae, and mycotoxins produced by mold. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
- Mold assessment: means a process performed by a mold assessor that includes the physical sampling and detailed evaluation of data obtained from a building history and inspection to formulate an initial hypothesis about the origin, identity, location, and extent of amplification of mold growth of greater than 10 square feet. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
- Mold assessor: means any person who performs or directly supervises a mold assessment. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
- Mold remediator: means any person who performs mold remediation. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
(1) A mold assessor shall maintain general liability and errors and omissions for both preliminary and postremediation mold assessment insurance coverage of at least $1 million.
(2) A mold remediator shall maintain a general liability insurance policy in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 that includes specific coverage for mold-related claims.