Terms Used In Florida Statutes 554.1081
- Authorized inspection agency: means :(a) Any county, municipality, town, or other governmental subdivision that has adopted into law the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code of the A. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- boiler: includes fired units for heating or vaporizing liquids other than water where these units are separate from processing systems and are complete within themselves. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Boiler insurance company: means a company authorized by a subsisting certificate of authority, issued by the Office of Insurance Regulation, to transact boiler and machinery insurance in this state. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Public assembly locations: includes schools, day care centers, community centers, churches, theaters, hospitals, nursing and convalescent homes, stadiums, amusement parks, and other locations open to the general public. See Florida Statutes 626.9511(1) An insurance company insuring a boiler located in a public assembly location in this state shall inspect, or shall contract with an authorized inspection agency to inspect, the insured boiler. A boiler insurance company shall annually report to the department the name of any authorized inspection agency performing any required boiler inspections on its behalf and shall actively monitor insured boilers to ensure that inspections are conducted as required by this chapter.(2) A county, municipality, town, or other governmental subdivision that has adopted into law the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code of the A.S.M.E. and the National Board Inspection Code for the construction, installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of boilers to regulate boilers in public assembly locations may inspect such boilers. All boiler inspections must be conducted by special boiler inspectors in accordance with this chapter.